Monday, February 7, 2011

Warm and Walkable

And it goes on and on and on and on.

I'm still waiting for the "champion" part. German life is still fun (!), but besides the ceaseless unpacking, nothing explicitly German has been happening, so I've been struggling to find something to share. Husband and I haven't taken any trips lately, so we are getting a little stir crazy thinking that it has been a whole month since we've stepped foot in a different country (Gasp! How does life go on?). I think we will head to France soon, as the boarder is a scant hour and a half drive away and there are some good restaurants right on the border to try.

The weather here has been wonderful. Oh, look at me, talking about the weather. But truly, it has! While my family in the U.S. is digging their way out of ice and snow storms, Husband and I took a delightful 3 hour walk this weekend while the sun shone brightly on our faces and the mid-50's temperature tempted our coats right off. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I'm so glad we moved to Germany to escape the harsh U.S. winters.

By the way, our little town, Sindelfingen, is an absolute delight. We live right in the center, so we can easily walk to shops, restaurants, several grocery stores, the local Ikea and a decent sized mall. On Saturdays there is a large farmers market on the town square- about a three minute walk from our front door. I think we've got it made. Oh, not to mention the McDonnalds, Burger King and KFC are all walkable, which means very little to us as we would rather eat sodden cardboard cooked over a trash fire and seasoned with mold, but there you have it. If only we had a Starbucks to complete the American Set.

No comments: